Scope of Vision
- Preserve and document about 2,500 pieces of artwork of J.V.
- Recover J.V’s original works of art as much as possible.
- Do a bibliographic research to index his written work since the 1950’s.
- Engage art critics to analyze and provide insight into his work.
- Hire a documentarian to document and highlight the artistic achievements of J.V.
- Based on critique, provide content for a website on J.V.
- Employ the services of another art critic to provide the narrative for a beautiful coffee table, to be published by the foundation.
- Commission a few artists to prepare several art manuals for higher level learners.
- Hold an exhibition of selected works of J.V in Madurai, Chennai and possibly Delhi.
- Establish an art gallery to house not only J.V’s work but also the works of other artists of significance.
- Institute an art school.
- Create scholarships and stipends to support emerging artists by creating an endowment fund.
- Organize seminars, workshops and lectures by visiting artists and interface and collaborate with schools and colleges to promote art education.
- Conduct periodic competitions to inculcate interest in art among youth and children.
- Provide an annual fellowship to an emerging artist to teach art to children who live in slums of India.